Sunday, August 18, 2013

WOF conference

I just finished attending the Women of Faith Conference in Washington, DC and it was amazing.  One thought that popped up in my mind was, "is God leading me toward becoming a speaker for events of this magnitude?  It would certainly be a lot more faces looking back at me."  A bit of a chuckle started to stir inside and I said, "Okay, so much for my social anxiety.  You will do what you will with my life, Lord!  I am excited about whatever you have in store for my life.  Be it on a small scale or large, I am going to tell as many people as I can about all that you have done for me and I will honor you and give you all the glory.  Now if that is the kind of person that they need on that stage... then God - I'm your gal!!!"

Please lift me up in prayer as I continue to make moves toward more and greater speaking opportunities.  Please pray with me that I will always remember that my qualifications are simply what God has done for and through me... not anything that I've done for myself.  Please pray that I continue to be humble, that I keep my heart and mind open to growth opportunities, that I use my mouth to bless and uplift people, to challenge and grow people... and that the words that come from my mouth are from Him.  I don't know where this journey is taking me... all I know is that if Jesus is in the boat... I'm getting in!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment